Creating a support request
31 July 2017 02:20 AM
This article describes how to create a MarkLogic Support Request (commonly known as a Support Dump). To create a Support Request:
Creating a Support Request
1. Use a web browser to log in to the server's Admin interface, which is typically found on the server at port 8001. Eg., http://localhost:8001
2. Click Configure in the navigation frame
3. Click the Support Tab
4. Choose the options based on the level of detail you want to provide.
For MarkLogic Server version below 9 follow these steps:
1. In general, MarkLogic Support recommends choosing "cluster", "status and logs" and "file".
For MarkLogic Sever version 9 and onwards:
1. MarkLogic Support recommends choosing "cluster", "status and system logs", "latest" and "upload to MarkLogic Secured Storage".
In MarkLogic 9 ErrorLog files have been split to separate PII (Personally Identifiable Information) from system information:
- "System ErrorLog" which contains only MarkLogic Server related information
- "Application ErrorLog" which contain all application specific logging information including PII
2. Send the file to MarkLogic Support
It is recommended to select "upload to Marklogic Secure Storage" which will upload all collected data automatically. It only requires that the MarkLogic Server can reach telemetry.services.marklogic.com over SSL. After a successful upload provide us with the reported Cluster-ID in the support ticket.
For the other options please follow instructions for earlier MarkLogic versions above.